For your enjoyment… Do you feel the same as I do on weekends on or special holidays, or when you have guests over? I’d like to cook something very special, not the usual fare. Then I’m either spoiled for choice or I can’t think of anything at all. If even intensively searching the internet turns […]
Happy New Year! The new year is just around the corner… have you gotten good luck charms for your loved ones? They have been in stores for the past couple weeks: the little pigs, chimney sweepers and four-leaf clovers. There are many New Year’s customs; let’s take a look at their origins. Who knows – […]
Christmas Gospel in Vienna For many years already, people have been able to attend concerts by gospel choirs during the Christmas season in Vienna. Far removed from the usual Christmas songs such as “Last Christmas,“ “Jingle Bells” and “Rudolf, the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” which are played relentlessly starting in mid-November, you can enjoy an evening full […]
ODEON’s 25th anniversary The Serapions Ensemble is performing something special at the ODEON Theater – “Scenic Poetry” is the catchword, a stirring interplay of free acting, dance, music and text, thrillingly complemented by great costumes and painting. This promises to be a special kind of cultural experience, one not to be missed. The SERAPIONS ENSEMBLE […]
For your enjoyment… Are you like me on weekends or special holidays or when you have guests? On those occasions I like to cook something very special, not the usual fare. Then I’m either spoilt for choice or nothing occurs to me. If even the most intensive search on the internet comes to nothing, or […]
The quietest time of the year? It’s already beginning again: Advent, the quietest and most contemplative time of the year…. At least that’s what it once was: Today, you sometimes encounter the chocolate Krampuses and Christmas gingerbread cakes as early as September, and the shops are illuminated with Christmas decorations and lights at the end […]
Let’s take a look “behind the scenes” at our hotel, get to know our charming employees and gain exciting impressions of what’s happening in Vienna’s most charming private hotels – the Schick Hotels! My name is Barbara and as an HR manager I am responsible for all personnel matters in our 5 hotels in downtown […]
The WEIN & CO festival in the Vienna Konzerthaus Wine lovers are already excited about “MondoVino” – the WEIN & CO festival – being held again this year in the elegant Vienna Konzerthaus on November 15 and 16, 2013, starting at 3:00 PM each day. Last year, approximately 4000 visitors to the Vienna Konzerthaus were […]
How about a bit of commodity economics including Viennese humor? You’ll seldom get fresher products than at the open-air markets, and you’ll get the appurtenant explanations and tips while you’re at it. Often, knowledge about the way the food is cultivated, the harvest and the further processing of the products have been handed down for […]
Indoor playgrounds in Vienna If the weather isn’t suitable for outdoor activities and you can no longer ask children to “Sit still” or “Be good,” indoor playgrounds offer the perfect alternative for letting go and letting off steam. In Vienna, in comparison to other cities, we are truly blessed with a large selection, beginning with […]
How can we help you?
Shall we meet?
Shall we meet?
- Hotel staff: Service personnel Juli 24, 2012
- Top 5 vantage points over Vienna Juli 31, 2012
- Win a holiday in Vienna with your friends August 2, 2012
- JOEL STERNFELD Juli 19, 2012
- Hot Town, Summer in the City Juli 13, 2012
- Recipe of the month December 2013 Dezember 17, 2013
- New Year’s Eve Customs – with vibe to the New Year Dezember 12, 2013
- Lively Rhythms during Christmastime Dezember 10, 2013
- PaRaDiSo – at ODEON Theater Dezember 2, 2013
- Recipe of the month November 2013 November 27, 2013
- Viennese Markets – Part 2 | Vienna Insight: [...] tongues and loud market calls designed to at...
- Viennese Water – Part 1 | Vienna Insight: [...] Austrian Ecolabel for tourism companies (Ös...
- Winter in Vienna – Ice Dream in Vienna | Vienna Insight: [...] year, I already warmly recommended the Vienn...
- Vienna Insight: First Anniversary | Vienna Insight: [...] Authors [...]...
- Between Christmas trees, punch and gifts… | Vienna Insight: [...] You can find tips on the most beautiful Chri...